Telehealth and Dementia: Best Practices in the Care of the Older Adult
Attendees seeking Iowa Board of Nursing CE for participating in Dementia Training: Telehealth and Dementia: Best Practices in the Care of the Older Adult Population will claim their certificates via the University of Iowa College of Medicine’s CME Portal. Certificates will not be mailed. Please follow the steps below to sign in, complete an evaluation, attest to your hours of participation, and print your certificate.
Please reach out if you have difficulties or questions and thank you for participating in this educational event!
- Go to the CME Portal here (For the best user experience, please use Google Chrome)
- Please sign in with your email and password. If you’ve never accessed the system, follow instructions to create an account. Make sure you select nurse as your profession to ensure you receive the correct certificate.
- If you are not directed to the evaluation immediately after, please click on the link above again.
- Fill out the attestation and evaluation and select submit.
- You will then be directed to complete your personal profile. Make sure you input your state nursing license number for record keeping.
- Once finished, you will then be directed to the home page where you will select the My CE tab at the top of the page and download your certificate under Evaluations and Certificates.
To describe how telehealth is being utilized in older adult populations across healthcare settings and specialties to improve the implementation of telehealth and improve patient outcomes.
- Describe how telehealth is being utilized across healthcare settings and specialties
- Identify best practices, strategies, barriers to providing care using telehealth
- Identify the pros and cons of telehealth in older adults
- Discuss how telehealth is being used in dementia care
Contact hours: The University of Iowa College of Nursing is Iowa Board of Nursing Provider #1. With full time participation, 1.0 contact hours will be awarded.